We’re sorry to hear that you had a mishandled bag and the inconveniences that were caused during your trip. We’d like to make every effort to earn your future business. Making a report at the airport of arrival is the first step of the claims process.
Please note: reports at the station are not claims but rather a record of your mishandled baggage event. You will need to continue with filing a claim with the information below.
To initiate the claims process:
- Reports should be made with a Spirit employee at the airport of arrival within 4 hours for domestic travel, 7 days for international damage reports, and 21 days for international loss, delayed, and pilferage reports.
- Upon making the report, Guests will receive a Baggage Irregularity Receipt or a Luggage Service Report with details about the claims process and a report number. If a report is not made at the arriving airport in the prescribed time, claims will be denied.
- Review and complete the below Customer Property Form in its entirety. (The form can be found on the end of this page)
- Save the completed Customer Property Form to your computer.
Directions for submitting a mishandled baggage claim:
- Visit: www.spirit.com/help
- Select "Ask a Question"
- Complete all required fields
- Inquiry Topic: Bags: File a bag claim
- Type of Claim: respective to your mishandled baggage event
- Attach Customer Property Form and all supporting documents
- Click "I'm not a robot"
- Click the Submit button
- Check your email for automated email of receipt of the claim
- Within 24 hours of receipt of the claim, a Luggage Resolution team member will be in touch with next steps.
Please note: page 1 of Customer Property Form offers detailed instructions on how to complete the form and a list of required documents.
If you have any questions about how to submit the claim, please let us know by submitting an inquiry form at www.spirit.com/help or call 1-877-888-5926 ext. 7004.
For more information about our limits of liability, please visit: www.spirit.com/COC
If you prefer, you can mail in your documents to:
Luggage Resolution Department
2800 Executive Parkway
Miramar, FL 33025
For delayed bags within 5 days of travel, please contact your arriving airport. Their phone numbers can be found here. After 5 days of travel, please complete and submit the Customer Property Form for a lost bag.
For damaged bags, a verifiable estimate of repair/cleaning from a local luggage repair shop should be submitted with the claim. Should the repair shop indicate, in writing, that the luggage cannot be repaired, please submit documented proof of purchase for the non-repairable item valued at $50 USD or more. (Subject to depreciation) Please note: Spirit is not responsible for damaged caused by oversized, overweight, or over packed luggage; or for normal wear such as minor cuts, scratches, dents, or soiled luggage.
For soiled clothing in-flight, a verifiable estimate of cleaning from a local cleaning company should be submitted with the claim. Should the repair shop indicate, in writing, that the article of clothing cannot be cleaned/repaired, please submit documented proof of purchase for the non-repairable item valued at $50 USD or more. (Subject to depreciation)
For major/mechanical damage to strollers and/or car seats, purchase a comparable stroller or car seat retain the original receipt, and mail it in with a completed claim form. Be sure to list the type, model, year purchased, and value of the damaged item.
For items left on the aircraft or at the terminal, please contact the stations. Their phone numbers can be found here. Lost items that are recovered are held at the airport for 30 days.
For any additional inquiries, please send a message, here: www.spirit.com/help and a representative will respond within 1-2 business days.
CUSTOMER PROPERTY FORM: