What identification or documents do I need in order to travel?

Domestic Travel

If you are 18 years of age or older, you are required to show a valid U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto your flight.

View a list of acceptable IDs or documents

Non-U.S./Canadian citizens are not required to carry their passports if they have documents issued by the U.S. government such as Permanent Resident Cards. If you do not have a U.S. Permanent Resident Card you must carry a valid passport while visiting the U.S.

International Travel

For international travel (excluding Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), you will be required to have a valid passport. Please visit the U.S. Department of State for more information on requirements for international travel.

Breeze through U.S. Customs and Passport Control with Mobile Passport

Please note, some countries have specific rules for onward and/or return tickets in order to enter that country. Please visit the IATA Travel Centre for more information on these rules.


Please have proper documentation at all times during travel. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct documents needed for travel to or from any destination. If you do not have sufficient documentation, you will not be allowed to travel with us.