PRO TIP: You must check in with an agent if you are traveling with an infant on your lap. Please review the FAQ article "What time do I need to arrive at the airport for my flight?" for specific arrival guidelines for your airport.
For some additional tips for traveling with kids, check out the attached document at the bottom of the article.
- From 7 days old until his/her second birthday (age 7 days to 23 months), a child is considered a lap child and does not need a paid seat; however, guests may opt to buy a seat for the infant if they prefer.
- Per federal regulations, once a child has their second birthday (24 months and older), they are no longer considered a lap child and a seat must be purchased in order for them to travel. If a child has their second birthday between the outbound and return flight, a seat will need to be purchased for the return flight.
- Spirit reserves the right to request documented proof of age for any traveler 2 years old or younger. Please be prepared to provide documentation (birth certificate, passport, etc.) upon request.
- As long as your infant is over 7 days old and under 2 years old and is traveling with someone who is at least 15 years old, you are not required to purchase a seat for them and can carry them in your lap free of charge.
- Only one lap child is allowed per guest 15 years of age or older.
- An infant, age 7 days or less or an infant requiring an incubator or other life-support system, cannot be accepted for travel and will be denied boarding.
- Lap children and children in car seats are not allowed to be in the emergency exit rows or in the row in front or behind the emergency exit row.
- Lap children and children in car seats are not permitted to occupy a seat equipped with an inflatable seatbelt.
- Taxes and fees may apply for the infant, depending on destination.
- You can add a lap child while booking online or through our other reservation channels.
If you plan to bring a child restraint seat, please review the requirements.
|Rows with inflatable seat belts|
|319||1, 4, 5, (D,E,F)|
|320||1, 2, 12, 13|
|32A||1, 3, 12, 13|