PRO TIP: You must check in with an agent if you are traveling with an infant on your lap. Please review the FAQ article "What time do I need to arrive at the airport for my flight?" for specific arrival guidelines for your airport.
- From 7 days old until his/her second birthday (age 7 days to 23 months), a child is considered a lap child and does not need a paid seat; however, customers may opt to buy a seat for the infant if they prefer.
- Per federal regulations, once a child has their second birthday (24 months and older), they are no longer considered a lap child and a seat must be purchased in order for them to travel. If a child has their second birthday between the outbound and return flight, a seat will need to be purchased for the return flight.
- Spirit reserves the right to request documented proof of age for any traveler 2 years old or younger. Please be prepared to provide documentation (birth certificate, passport, etc.) upon request.
- As long as your infant is over 7 days old and under 2 years old and is traveling with someone who is at least 15 years old, you are not required to purchase a seat for them and can carry them in your lap free of charge.
- Only one lap child is allowed per customer 15 years of age or older.
- An infant, age 7 days or less or an infant requiring an incubator or other life-support system, cannot be accepted for travel and will be denied boarding.
- Lap children and children in car seats are not allowed to be in the emergency exit rows or in the row in front or behind the emergency exit row.
- Lap children and children in car seats are not permitted to occupy a seat equipped with an inflatable seatbelt.
- On some aircraft, lap children may not be seated in the first or second row.
- Taxes and fees may apply for the infant, depending on destination.
- You can add a lap child while booking online or through our other reservation channels.
If you plan to bring a child restraint seat, please review the requirements.
|319||1, 4, 5, (D,E,F)|
|320||1, 2, 12, 13|
|32A||1, 3, 12, 13|