We care about all of guests and want you to know that we are doing all that we can to provide the support you need. With that said, we will make special exceptions for our guests traveling with generators to provide relief during the hurricane aftermath. A special checked bag is allowed for guests traveling with generators to/from areas affected by the recent hurricanes through November 30, 2017. Guests will be allowed to travel with one generator provided it is brand new (never used) and still in the original retail packaging. Please review requirements below.
- Generator must not exceed 100lbs.
- Overweight and oversize charges will apply.
- A limited liability release form must be signed by the guest relieving Spirit Airlines of liability for loss/damage of the generator.
- Spillable batteries will not be accepted.
- Non-spillable gel-cell batteries are limited to 12 volts and 100 watt hours (Wh). A max of two (2) spare batteries may be carried in checked or carry-on baggage when protected from damage and short circuit.
- Lithium ion batteries (installed and spare) must not exceed 100 Wh. Spare lithium batteries must be carried in carry-on baggage only and must be protected from damage and short circuit.
- If it is determined that the generator may have gasoline, gasoline vapors, or residue inside, it will not be accepted.