We want you to be able to take your favorite furry friend with you when you travel. That’s why we allow small domesticated pets to travel on all domestic flights including Puerto Rico and St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. in the guest cabin:
Spirit will only allow the following pets on the aircraft:
- Domestic dogs
- Domestic cats
- Small household birds (except to / from Puerto Rico and the U.S.V.I. )
- Small domestic rabbits (except to/from Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I)
IMPORTANT: Birds that are not considered household birds include farm poultry, waterfowl, game bird, birds of prey, and flightless birds.
To add a pet to your reservation contact our Reservations Center at you can call us Toll Free at 1-855-SAVE-555 (1-855-728-3555) or text us at 48763, or use 855-728-3555 on WhatsApp 24. It’s helpful to make these arrangements when making your travel plans with Spirit due to a maximum of six pet containers permitted on the aircraft during all domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and St. Thomas, U.S.V.I). View our current charges for pets here.
Guests traveling with pets will need to check-in at the ticket counter. At this time, curbside or self-service check-in is not allowed. Please allow extra time beyond normal check-in guidelines.
Important guidelines when bringing your pet:
- Spirit Airlines does not require a health certificate for pets traveling with guests in the aircraft cabin, except for Guests traveling to USVI.
- Spirit Airlines does require a rabies vaccination certificate for pets traveling with guests in the aircraft cabin to Puerto Rico.
- Spirit only allows small domestic dogs, domestic cats, small household birds and small domestic rabbits on the aircraft.
- Birds are not allowed to and from cities in Puerto Rico or the U.S.V.I.
- Exotic pets such as snakes, spiders, rodents, etc. will not be accepted.
- A maximum of 2 pets per container is permitted, but only one container per guest is allowed.
- Animals must be able to stand upright and move about comfortably in the container.
- The pet should be at least eight (8) weeks old and fully weaned.
- The animal must be harmless, inoffensive, odorless, and require no attention during the flight.
- If the animal becomes offensive or causes a disturbance prior to leaving the gate; it will be removed.
- The pet cannot be ill, violent, or in physical distress.
- Advance notice is recommended but not required.
- You may choose to sit anywhere you wish with the exception of the first row and emergency exit rows.
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier may not exceed 40 pounds (18.14 kg).
Pets in Cargo Compartment
Spirit Airlines does not transport pets in Cargo at any time.
Spirit Airlines does not accept animals on international flights, except in the case of service animals.
Depending on the international destination, specific documentation regarding the service animal may be required. Please contact Spirit Guest Service at 855-728-3555 and one of our agents will be happy to check destination regulations for you.
You will need to present the animal to the security checkpoint screeners for screening.
Requirements for pet carriers
The animal must be in a container subject to inspection and approval by Spirit. The dimensions of the container must not exceed 18 x 14 x 9 inches, and must be able to fit under the seat. The pet will count as one-plus-one carry-on luggage. Only soft containers are allowed in the cabin, but not the type that allows the pet's head to remain outside. Ensure that the container complies with all government requirements for safe transportation.
Pet Carrier Guidelines
The container must be inspected and approved by Spirit and able to fit underneath the seat in front of the guest traveling with the animal. (Maximum container size is 18"x14"x9" (45.72cm x 35.56 cm x 22.86cm)) in over all dimensions (L x W x H). The combined weight of the pet and carrier may not exceed 40 pounds (18.14KG). The pet must remain in the carrier at all time, and be able to stand and turn around in the container.