Search/Travel Planning and Reservations/General Information

Do I need a letter of consent for my child?

posted this on April 23, 2012 04:00 AM

In order to travel internationally, all children (regardless of age) must have a passport and the travel documents required by the countries visited on an international itinerary.

Customers must be able to present valid passports/travel documents proving citizenship, and visas when required.

In an effort to prevent international child abduction, many governments have initiated procedures at entry and exit points, which may include requiring documentary evidence of relationship and permission for the child's travel from the parent(s) or legal guardian not present. Spirit Airlines encourages all parents/guardians of children traveling internationally to check with the respective governments of the countries to which they are traveling for more specific information.

Letter of Consent

  • Customers 14 years of age and younger MUST be accompanied by a customer who is at least 15 years of age.


Age of Minor

Accompanied Minors

Unaccompanied Minors

14 years old and younger

Accompanied minors 14 years old and younger must travel with the following:

1) a passport, and
2) any travel documents required by the countries on the international itinerary.

Spirit Airlines does not offer Unaccompanied Minor service on international flights.

Children 14 years of age and younger may not travel alone on international flights under any circumstances. Another customer at least 15 years of age must accompany them.

Topic is closed for comments